Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a junk email this morning from a Chinese ship model company, with a great model image of a CMA CGM container ship. It got me to thinking about whatever happened to so many great shipping company ship models. I recall once visiting Bankline office in the 1970's London prior to flying out to another assignment and looking at all these lovely ship models of ships in the fleet in the foyer. Having worked in shipyards in Korea also seeing some great ship and rig models presented to owners. I wonder how many have survived or are gathering dust somewhere. What a brilliant display all these different models would make in a dedicated museum somewhere

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,
There was just such a collection in the Glasgow museum of transport when it was near Kelvin Hall.
The collection contained everything from dredgers and suchlike to Atlantic liners.
When I went to have another look whilst visiting Scotland a few years ago, I found it, the museum, had been closed days before and was re-locating to where, I do not know.
But yes it was fantastic, I spent a couple of hours in the ship hall.
Cheers Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts