Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping these are in an archive ? If anyone knows where, could you point me in the right direction please.
Note the Glasgow Uni. archive only covers 1904 onwards.

At the moment, I'm specifically looking for drawings for SS Numidia (1901) and/or SS Assyria (1900) - so if
limiting the query to those two ship helps ...

Thanks,
Mike Scott

· Registered
322 Posts
Whoops - wrong Numidia! For the Henderson built ship, according to 'Modern British Shipbuilding, a Guide to Historical Records', very few records survive for this company. Those that do are held by Strathclyde Regional Archives but it doesn't look like there are plans. Possibly the National Maritime Museum has something.

Dave W

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave,

You might not have turned up any plans - but you have given me some extra places to check in future. In particular (having looked at excerpts on-line), I really need to get hold of a copy of the book you mention !

I'm probably showing my inexperience wrt shipping records by not having a copy on my desk.

I wasn't aware of the Hartlepool website either (interesting) - and given the mention of Strathclyde I'll go back and
(re)check the Mitchell library in Glasgow for the two ships of interest.

If I make any progress I'll add to the thread. In the meantime thanks again for your response,

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts