Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello each - I fully realise that this is an extremely long shot but my query is something that has puzzled me for decades. When a small lad and holidaying locally (in Derek Avenue if anyone knows it) I recall a decrepit vessel moored at the eastern end of the harbour on the seaward side; I assume that she was a coaster (and not a dredger) and she appeared to have been there for some time. I stayed there for a fortnight and so did she! The year would be in the very early fifties and Brighton, Hove & District were still running ex-Tilling AECs (I'm interested in all historic transport). Ny ideas, please?

Best wishes to all,
Bill

·
Registered
895 Posts
If you haven't done so already why not drop a line to Shoreham harbour master, also I find that local University history departments are usually helpful, or local libraries if they haven't disappeared. Was in and out of Shoreham quite a few times in the 50's, but on entering and leaving you're always busy no matter what station you're on, so never noticed any long term residents especially if they were up the creek side of Shoreham

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go to the "CEGB Steam Colliers" thread and then down to entry #22 by me then #23 by "Granty" - he sounds a likely candidate to know all about the Shoreham harbour.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good morning Majoco
I was born in 1946 and can’t remember anything about the Canal until I was 10 or so and now 73 no way can I remember anything and I don’t know anyone that is alive that will know
Cheers
Granty

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good morning Majoco
I was born in 1946 and can’t remember anything about the Canal until I was 10 or so and now 73 no way can I remember anything and I don’t know anyone that is alive that will know
Cheers
Granty
Many on here are a lot older than 73 and you would be surprised at what we can remember (Smoke)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts