Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested to find out what happened to those two ships.
Sheridan, built in 1959 also sailed under charter to Booth as their Veras
Spenser, built the same year, was also chartered to Booth as Valiente
Anybody knows what happened to them afterwards?

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Aristo said:
I am interested to find out what happened to those two ships.
Sheridan, built in 1959 also sailed under charter to Booth as their Veras
Spenser, built the same year, was also chartered to Booth as Valiente
Anybody knows what happened to them afterwards?
Sheridan 1961 chartered to Lamport & Holt, 1964 sold to Lamport & Holt, 1967 chartered from Lamport & Holt renamed Cyril (3), 1978 sold to Greece renamed Angie.

Valiente 1959 ex- Spenser (4), 1961 chartered from Lamport & Holt renamed Valiente, 1969 renamed Veloz, 1973 sold to Colombia renamed Tanambi.

Veras 1959 ex- Siddons, 1962 chartered from Lamport & Holt renamed Veras, 1973 sold to Panama.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link Santos but the two ships in question are missing from that site.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gdynia said:
Sheridan 1961 chartered to Lamport & Holt, 1964 sold to Lamport & Holt, 1967 chartered from Lamport & Holt renamed Cyril (3), 1978 sold to Greece renamed Angie.
Thanks Gdynia, Sheridan (1961) was renamed Wes Point in 1981, Tomoh Satu in 1985 and was scrapped in 1993 in Singapore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Siddons/Veras

I was 4th eng on the Spenser early sixties
Siddons was the last ship built in the George Brown yard on the Clyde in 1959.I was on her as 3rd.Mate in 1964 approx and did three trips in five years from New York to Iquitos. She was the Veras then and went to Hamburgh to get lengthened at some stage, My last experience of her as being the last English speaker because I stayed on her for a few extra weeks when she was handed over to Peruvian Flag in Iquitos. I left to go home on the Clement. Thats another story
Anyone have any photos?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Neil McKie

Hello Glyn - I was in the Siddons/Veras for about five years from 1963 and then came home on Clement. Also served on Crispin
Thanks for the heads up
Neil

·
Registered
149 Posts
Siddons was the last ship built in the George Brown yard on the Clyde in 1959.I was on her as 3rd.Mate in 1964 approx and did three trips in five years from New York to Iquitos. She was the Veras then and went to Hamburgh to get lengthened at some stage, My last experience of her as being the last English speaker because I stayed on her for a few extra weeks when she was handed over to Peruvian Flag in Iquitos. I left to go home on the Clement. Thats another story
Anyone have any photos?
I was mate on the Veras during lengthening in Hamburg, February 1966 and stayed on her till April 1967, so I could get a full tax year..I relieved Ned St.Roas who was promoted Master, relieving Captain Stoker who was near retirement. I really get mixed up with all the ship name changes, I thought it was the Veloz that was handed to the Peruvians and renamed Atahualpa....as I met Alan Stevens who was Chief on her for a while until the Peruvian crew acclimatized.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Met up with one of them in Recife, I can't remember which one but 2nd eng was called Peter Sutcliffe father of Beatle Stuart Sutcliffe who died at a very young age from a brain tumour. Peter was really nice person I remember.
Anyone knew him?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Booth Line V class
As far as I can see:
Spencer>Valiente>Veloz>Atahualpa
Siddons>Veras
Venimos
Viajero
Vamos( was a different design)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts