Ships Nostalgia banner
681 - 688 of 688 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I was with Silverline from December '70 until July '74. My first ship, as a deck boy (GP3), was the Silvershore and we sailed to 'Sept Illes' in Canada for Iron Ore in the form of marbles.
Other ships were the eagle, falcon, eid and i'll have to look the others up along with dates in my old log book.
I was on that trip too as a Jnr. Eng., When we got back to Newport on the 12th I managed to go and see Sunderland lose 3 -1 at Cardiff.

· Registered
2 Posts
I was with Silverline from December '70 until July '74. My first ship, as a deck boy (GP3), was the Silvershore and we sailed to 'Sept Illes' in Canada for Iron Ore in the form of marbles.
Other ships were the eagle, falcon, eid and i'll have to look the others up along with dates in my old log book.
I was on that same trip to 'Sept.Illes'. When we got back to Newport on 12th Dec, I went to see Sunderland lose 3 - 1 at Cardiff City with Taffy the cook.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Very very new to this forum business!! I'm here trying to find old ship mates of my dad. He sailed on both the Silvershore and Silverpelerin circa 1970's. He was a cook named Des Llewellyn from Pembrokeshire. Would be great to see if any of his fellow ship mates are about. I've seen pictures of the crew playing football on the frozen port in Canada (don't recall what ship though).
Thanks

Debbie
Hi!
I came across a letter written by Capt R.A. Hill of the Silverpelerin to my parents, Nicole and Doug Milton, shipping agent and harbourmaster of the Port of Valleyfield from the early 70's till mid 90's. The Silverpelerin did numerous trips between Valleyfield and Gaspé in the 70's and as a teenager, it was great to meet crew and officers. Fond memories. Those pictures could very well have been in either place!?

Jennifer

681 - 688 of 688 Posts