Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay all you sleuths in SN land.
Re Peter Pan's Captain Hook.
What was the Captain's real name before he had the hook fitted ?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
But actually He was Mr. Darling the childrens Father.

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
With a nod to Capt. James Cook by the author.
Completely true. James Cook became James Hook.

And Old Strawberry has this part.

"Darling and Captain Hook share the same voice actor, both voiced by Hans Conried, which follows the theatrical tradition that Captain Hook and George Darling are played by the same actor."

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know the answer Pitcrew - but it's got to be one of the big questions of our time - doesn't it ?

Okay, here's a couple of obscure ones for which there are answers. I seem to remember minutiae more than the big event. What does that say about me ? No replies needed.
Anyway ;
In the movie Casablanca, Sidney Greenstreet was a rival bar owner to Rick ( Humphry B ) and wanted to buy Rick out.
What was the name of Sidney's bar ?

In the movie High Noon, there were 6 to 8 times when the camera cut back to the station showing Frank's gang waiting for him to arrive on the noon-day train.
What was the name of the station ?

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
I don't know the answer Pitcrew - but it's got to be one of the big questions of our time - doesn't it ?

Okay, here's a couple of obscure ones for which there are answers. I seem to remember minutiae more than the big event. What does that say about me ? No replies needed.
Anyway ;
In the movie Casablanca, Sidney Greenstreet was a rival bar owner to Rick ( Humphry B ) and wanted to buy Rick out.
What was the name of Sidney's bar ?

In the movie High Noon, there were 6 to 8 times when the camera cut back to the station showing Frank's gang waiting for him to arrive on the noon-day train.
What was the name of the station ?
I've never watched Casablanca so I've an excuse for not knowing but 'High Noon' (along with 'Shane') is my favourite western and I must have seen it a dozen times over the years...and I still don't know..(Cloud)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Expats - As far as I'm aware, the only time the name Hadleyville appears is when Lee Van Cleef is leaning against the platform back fence and there is the name, on a board at eye level. That's where I spotted it

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Is the restaurant the 'Kirov'?

I have been to Rick's in Casablanca. OK place, not real of course, but full of memorabilia, photos etc. Just the T shirt... 'I've been to Rick's Café Americain'.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts