Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem ridiculous, but seeing as I can't answer any of you knowledgable chap's riddles....I thought I'd make my own up..!...So here goes....

An island girl...but not my own island...small...smelly.?..perhaps to some...but a loveable little character...blue as the channel I cross....

There we go...if it doesn't make sense...then hoprefully the answer will...if not...ooo errr...sorry...!! (*)) (*)) (Ouch)

Rushie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm....

I don't think have the answer but maybe my rambling thoughts will point someone else in the right direction.

1. Island girl - could be a ferry to an island - say Isle of Wight or Isle of Man.
2. Not my own island - sounds like there is a place in the name but it is not the same as the ships's usual destination.
3. Blue as the channel I cross - Maybe Blue Funnel Line.

Brian

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes...revenge at last....!!

1. No
2. No
3. No

And no clues given as yet as I've pondered these quiz questions for months without getting close....

Rushie the Sadist

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bah!(Cloud)

Small and smelly eh? I can think of a few things that could apply to but they are not connected with ships. [=P]

So its a ship (or is it?) and its blue! Guess we have a way to go yet then.

Bloody welsh sadist!

Brian

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little beauty...

Blame it on the World Cup...!!

She's a ship....she's blue....she's active....and what she carries doesn't smell...

Hades Cymru... (Night)

·
Registered
17 Posts
There was a blue paddle steamer called Duchess of Hamilton that plied the West coast of Scotland. Not a convincing answer though - a girl of sorts but whether she sent to the islands I'm not sure. She was on the Stranraer to Larne run during WW2.

I guess the steam bit would make her rather smelly. The cargo being people one would hope were not smelly!

Work a shot though so - "Duchess of Hamilton" owned by the Caledonian Steam Packet Company.

Second thoughts - I withdraw this as you said Active and this lady was scrapped at Troon. Never mind!

Brian

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope....give you a big clue...she's crossing the Channel as we speak...but not a ferry...and she's still blue..!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts