Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ten people aged between 90 and 99 were admitted with mental disorders due to the use of cocaine last year, shocking new NHS Digital figures show.That (cracked ) me up,ha ha ha.(LOL)(LOL)(LOL)

·
Registered
992 Posts
My old Dad didn’t quite make it to 90 (almost though). Had a fair lot of pain in his last couple of years but didn’t make much of it. Always kept his humour despite painkillers didn’t seem to help. Anyhow, I told him to ask the Doc if he could prescribe cannabis. So he asked. Seemingly Doc looked a bit stunned (a long time ago now) & asked what kind of cannabis. Dad told him. Doc “laughed like a drain!” said much amused old Dad.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
In my village, sometimes unkindly referred to as the twilight zone, many of us cultivate the plant. I make tea from mine, more as a tonic than anything else. Cannabis Oil, from my own experience, has been a lifesaver to many of my friends undergoing cancer treatment.

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Tyre-tread (Denholm folk will recognise the nickname) swore by it (we spent many afternoons on the 'phone between offices talking of our latest cigar finds, ships, sealing wax etc. he was then terminal with bowel cancer). My practice nurse approved when I told her I would follow suit if I were to be struck down with it. I managed to get my brother to try it when he was on his way with malignant melanoma (SiL did not approve when he and nephew found giggling in the sunny garden). My cousin (also bowel) had no qualms either although I don't know if he practiced what he preached.

21% of our GDP is swindled from mug punters doing on-line gambling. That is approximately what we spend in employing policemen, court and prison officers in trying to prevent what, at its core, is no worse than alcohol (and clearly the democratic wish of hoi polloi is to be allowed to enjoy it). The regulators and tax in the former is nothing short of living off immoral earnings and those employed in the latter are, rather less acceptably, benefitting from the proceeds of crime.

Any elementary school pupil will tell you what to do if the same number of apples appear on both sides of an equation.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
All are freely available here in Canada as it is LEGAL. But not free
Oils, edibles, and buds to smoke.
A more enlightened society???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Yes I think we need to move on from the demonisation of cannabis in terms of medical treatment.
As a recreational drug it is doubtlessly being grown with ever expanding strength, that is a different matter and debate entirely. My view is that as pain relief, and other assorted medicinal benefits it has merits, and these should be explored. After all if morphine can be so utilized, why not cannabis.

·
Registered
992 Posts
First time I had GA was 1970s. An hour before going to theatre was given a pre-med jab. Some kind of opiate/opioid I guess, but def not morphine, (know plenty about effects of that). Whatever… euphoric not the word! Have had GA more than a few times since then. But never ever, given the same stuff beforehand. Always enquire mind!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Gas and Air is great, I was given a blast so they could get me downstairs when my back went. I was asking them to put the sirens on when we went round the corner just down the road so I could sing along.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
As I assume you all know grass is now legal in California? Both Medical and Recreational. Myself I purchase Medical for $160 an ounce while Recreational is priced at $360 + an ounce.

Currently I have Kryptonite 80% CBD, 20% THC. Purchased through the local Hello Cannabis store in Oceanside that delivers it to me @ my home. BTW Hello Cannabis is a Canadian Cannabis Corporation based in Toronto that is opening stores all over the USA.
Greg Hayden

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Greg, I assume there used to be an unhealthy and criminal cohort of drug dealers around the weed before legalisation. Are there any statistics yet on what it has done to the criminal fraternity's 'supply chain management'?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts