Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a new modelling project I am looking for photos - as much as possible - of a Solstad UT 704 like:

Normand Ranger
Normand Prosper
Normand Corona

I only need the pure 704 design, no conversions of bridge etc. Detailed photos are especially welcome.

Many thanks
Peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

many thanks for your reply and your kind offer. I already have contacts and support directly to the company since many years.

My problem is detailled photos - as much as possible - of the ships in the "true" UT 704 design with no conversions of the bridge etc. I need each screw, pipe, cable etc. if possible from the front and back. Drawings are not my problem. But I would like to build a model in the standard of my Normand Neptun (please see in the model gallery). Therefore I also need all the thousand small parts that are not on the drawings. Maybe it is a nice idea to start with photos of a converted vessel and to exclude the changes.

It is a pity because just this type was so popular in the North Sea and now it seems impossible to get the information...

I would like to deal with another subject: I am a member of the IOS - Intern. OSV Society and as a very important part of our activities we try to take as much photos as possible of the supply ships before they disappear. The reason is standing above. We would like to have a comprehensive archives just to do***ent the history of these interesting ships for the future. The track of many of them is already lost in the fog of the past. Of course, from this point of view, all photos of supply vessel, Ahts and PSVs are welcome.

rgds
Peter

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Peter
Normand Prosper working out of Ijmuiden in Holland at present. We see her approx once a week. She has been converted since her original build as lifeboats etc taken off plus she has new Standby equipment onboard. I can take photos the next time in port if you require.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,

@ Ruud.

Nice photos, of course, but hope you do not mind my problem is not views of the ship in total. I need details, details, details. Anyway many thanks.

@ Gdynia.

Many thanks also to you. Yes, if it is possible I would like to have photos of N´Prosper. Looking forward to hearing from you.

rgds
Peter

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Peter
Just took some photos earlier today of Normand Prosper. Let me have a contact address by PM and will forward them to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts