the ship was actually going to flip over
cruise ship came close to capsizing
feared being swept overboard
the ship tilted all the way down
nearly face to face with the water
on the 9th deck,20deg and i would of been in the water
i thought we were going to die
the ship was tilting before the roll
what if they had a real emergency at night,say lights were out,if there was mass panic in the daylight ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
As usual - comments by people who have no experience at sea and one technical problem becomes over blown by these self appointed experts, the media loves these sort of people

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
It has just been on the ITV news, and one person interviewed said "that sea water was comming down the lift shafts, and the swimming pool on the top deck emptied and poured the bathers out of the pool and onto deck". He also said that "people were hanging onto the ships railings to avoid falling into the sea".

If that were true, were would the ship be?

Frank

·
Registered
949 Posts
Upside down

well the posideon adventure is at cinemas what do you expect after all that is not a fiction film is it!!!!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Mark Taxis is right, people with no experience of the sea overeact. But it does not change that fact as I stated in another thread that I have been concerned for some time about ships listing when turning which could be a problem in unforeseen cir***stances, and passengers having no idea about shipboard life and terminology etc. The latter would in my opinion lead to panic when something goes wrong, albeit blown out of all proportion. I have mentioned this is past threads so it was no surprise when I read that passengers panicked on Crown Princess. In fact, a similar thing happened to the Britanny Ferry Normadie. Passengers had no idea what was going on and feared the worst. See my other post in Members Notice Board where I enlarge further about safety at sea both aboard ship and shoreside. It is easy to be wise after the event sat in front of our computers, but I have also been on the front line of accidents. I am not sure if any other members have dealt with accidents and deaths. Well, I have seen sheer panic in the faces of people when injured, and panic on the faces of those who died in an accident. Those who die in sheer terror often keep that look when dead. I can assure you that the latter is not for the meek and mild as you could have nightmares for life when seeing the things I did. So although some people do overeact as Mark says, it must never be underestimated how different people react when in a situation they are not used to. Yet people pour scorn on me when I say they should learn a bit about life on board a ship before going on a cruise. They can't have their cake and eat it. Or can they?!. David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts