Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Pat McCardle said:
I look forward to the photos Dave
looking through threads, I too sailed with Gus (Somerset)74, did pictures get posted? (Hippy)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
jim barnes said:
looking through threads, I too sailed with Gus (Somerset)74, did pictures get posted? (Hippy)
I believe Gus was from Fort William Scotland?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Pat McCardle said:
Thats the same 'Gus' I'm looking for Jim!! (Thumb)
Shock and horror must also be in his 50s too now, probably ashore like the rest of us, good luck and pass on my name if you find him (Hippy)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
jim barnes said:
I believe Gus was from Fort William Scotland?
I live in Fort William...If he came ashore here, I will post a look out.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There's a clue Jim. Cos I believe Gus spent some time in the Mount Eden area of Auckland.....Under lock & key!! (EEK)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
ruud said:
Ahoy Pat & Jim,

Sorry Lads, but concerning to find people, better ask the Police(*))
Well done Ruud, you got it right again (Applause)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
dave beaumont said:
Hugh,
Do you no of Alistar and John Mcphail ex Gravesend Sea School 1971 who live in Caol?
Hello Dave,

Small world mate. I also live in Caol about 200m past where John and Alistair live. I see them around almost daily, although I wouldn't say I was a personal friend. I was not aware that they had both been to sea.

I take it that you were at Gravesend together. I can get a message to them if you want. I am not sure if they are on the Internet.

Rgds

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
hi from oz

hi hUGH,
If you see them say hi and tell them to e-mail me as i made contact with john last year but have had no replys. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Hello Dave,

Got stopped at the local shop yesterday by John. He apologised to me for not getting in touch with you. I was surprised because I thought he would have dropped you an email by now. He said that he will get to the local library soon and drop you a mail. I get the impression that he is not that familiar with the computer. I will remind him next time I bump into him.

Rgds

1 - 20 of 24 Posts