Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in touch I hope with some old seamates...to refresh your minds my name is Ian Huckin and I sailed with North Yorkshire SS Co., Boltons. F. Bolton Bulk Carriers etc from '68 through till about '84? Reivaulx, Ribblehead, Redcar, Rossetti, Reynolds, Rubens, Nosira Lin, Nosira Sharon and Nosira Madelaine. Engineer Apprentice through to second engineer. Left to join Scottish Ship Management as they offered me a chief's job.

Any old mates out there or people with memories of these ships, even college time in Southampton, it would be wonderful to hear from you...best wishes...Ian

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back in touch I hope with some old seamates...to refresh your minds my name is Ian Huckin and I sailed with North Yorkshire SS Co., Boltons. F. Bolton Bulk Carriers etc from '68 through till about '84? Reivaulx, Ribblehead, Redcar, Rossetti, Reynolds, Rubens, Nosira Lin, Nosira Sharon and Nosira Madelaine. Engineer Apprentice through to second engineer. Left to join Scottish Ship Management as they offered me a chief's job.

Any old mates out there or people with memories of these ships, even college time in Southampton, it would be wonderful to hear from you...best wishes...Ian
All dead I guess...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Ian, I was at Southampton from 68 to 72 but I was in the HND course.
Hello Tony, I was HNC but did my HND training at beer drinking at the Globe, near Talbot House the TOC H hostel...did you ever get down that way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Tony, I was HNC but did my HND training at beer drinking at the Globe, near Talbot House the TOC H hostel...did you ever get down that way?
Hello Ian, yes I did take the odd libation down that way. I stayed in digs in Bittern Park, so my usual waterint hole was just around the corner - The Park Hotel (I think). However, since we were the first year of the HND course there was a lot of stuff to get through and spare time was not so freely available! Have you been in touch with anyone else from that time? I keep in touch, regularly, with a couple of the lads and unfortunately, one of our class (Nick Finch) was on board the Royston Grange - extremely bad. Regards for now. Tony

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I was aware of Nick being lost on the Royston Grange. So, I guess you had the pleasure of Knocker Norris and Val Parsons etc eh? There were others that were all based at St. Mary's Street where the heavy shop was too. Pat Campbell and a bunch of hard ****d Geordie lecturers as well...all great fun if you managed to survive your first year...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts