Wondering if anyone was interested

thanks

gail

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Gail,
I sailed on the Cross in 1971 as 2nd refrig engineer on the Aussie
run and then cruising to the Pacific island's on 17 day cruises.
She was a fine ship with a good crew and as you would expect
great food. I left her in 72 to rejoin the cargo fleet to get more
time in port,then left Shaw Savill in 74 after 12 year's with the
company, the best I ever sailed with. If you want any information
on her please get in touch or if you want to sell your photo let
me know.
Best Wishes
Norman Best.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have many photos of Southern Cross and always interested in others - please advise location where photo of ship was taken - its current location in your possession, and the asking price. If possible can you download photo so I may see the photo in question - as may already have it, in my collection.
Many thanks Jamie

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Norman Best - I worked in Pursers office on the S Cross Jul71 -Nov 71, the last two cruises from Liverpool, and her last deep sea voyage for Shaw Savill, your name 'rings a bell' but cannnot place you. Are you Shaw Savill Society member - 2008 is 150th Anniversary of the Company - and we hold special celebrations in Wellington NZ in October.

Cheers Jamie

·
Banned
25 Posts
Until the beginning of this month, the sale of merchandise on Ships Nostalgia was forbidden.
We now have a Specific category, "Classified - For Sale or Wanted", in the "Miscellaneous/Other forum Issues" section.
All items for sale or wanted must be posted in that section ONLY and must be nautical in nature.
There are restrictions and, before posting, a member should read Andy's Sticky "Please Read Before Posting: Classified Section Guidlines" near the top of the page.

Thanks
Bruce Carson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts