Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I sailed on the SS Benattow from December 1972 until July 1974 as a J.O.S / S.O.S. / E.D.H, is there anyone on here that sailed on her or anyone who remembers her or has any pictures of her, I had 3 fantastic trips on her during that time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I sailed on the SS Benattow from December 1972 until July 1974 as a J.O.S / S.O.S. / E.D.H, is there anyone on here that sailed on her or anyone who remembers her or has any pictures of her, I had 3 fantastic trips on her during that time.
I sailed on her doing a coastal in 1975 I think, I do recall it had the hottest tightest engine room I ever encountered

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi, I sailed on the 'Attow from June to November 1976, by that time it was a nightmare! More smoke came out of the boiler tops than the funnel and was a health hazard that these days would never be allowed to sail! But, happy times have to say, I was 3/E at the time. She went out to scrap just after I signed off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you come across a Jimmy Lough from Eyemouth during your time on Benattow - I believe he sailed on her as AB or possibly Bosun. He went with Seaforth on supply boats after Ben Line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts