1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i am researching the iron made cargo SS Consett,
built in 1871 by the Short Bros for the H.T.Morton & Co,
who was the company of the fleet of the Earl of Durham and his coal mines in Lambton.
I have found the lloyd's registry and i am trying to find a photo of the Consett or the Kyvele, as it was renamed in 1911 by the new Greek owner.
A photo of the Luneburg would also be very helpfull as it was probably a sister ship, built by the same yard for the same company.
Although i have found in the internet a photo album of the Lambton fleet, there is no Consett or Luneburg.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Hi,
i am researching the iron made cargo SS Consett,
built in 1871 by the Short Bros for the H.T.Morton & Co,
who was the company of the fleet of the Earl of Durham and his coal mines in Lambton.
I have found the lloyd's registry and i am trying to find a photo of the Consett or the Kyvele, as it was renamed in 1911 by the new Greek owner.
A photo of the Luneburg would also be very helpfull as it was probably a sister ship, built by the same yard for the same company.
Although i have found in the internet a photo album of the Lambton fleet, there is no Consett or Luneburg.
The following link will give you her details and career but unfortunately no images.

Please be aware the 1871 was the year of launch and 1872 that of completion. This was the normal in Lloyd's Registers pre-1890 to give launch year

http://sunderlandships.com/view.php?year_built=&builder=&ref=103312&vessel=CONSETT

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The above are 3d models of the wreck. Has some one the technical knowledge to tell me about some certain features of it?
I have dived, measured and searched it's every tiny bit,
but i am not a ship builder. I have certain measurements and i would like some one to tell me if it's a single deck or a double deck or an awning deck and things like these.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts