Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I write on behalf of both myself and Sister, who would like to find more about our Uncles time in the Merchant Navy.

His Name is Stanley Cooper Machin, (Deceased) known as Stan, to the family.
He was Chief Engineer working for Elder Dempster, sailing out of Tilbury from late 50s to mid 70s.

Both my Sister and I are now in our 60s and have never forgotten, Uncle Stan always posted birthday cards to us, no matter where he was, I remember though, mainly from the Ivory Coast.
However, we are aware of a secret past lifestyle, which was never talked about by our Father or Uncle, his younger Brother, or Grandma, who he lived with when on leave.

I realise this is a big ask, for someone who may have worked with, or known Stan, while working with E.D. Line, as we are aware there maybe a secret lifestyle, which those working around him, where aware of, however never discussed.

If we could therefore ask for any information on Stan, we would certainly welcome any returns to the above, to enable us to finally find out who the real Stan really was.

Thank You in Advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
I write on behalf of both myself and Sister, who would like to find more about our Uncles time in the Merchant Navy.

His Name is Stanley Cooper Machin, (Deceased) known as Stan, to the family.
He was Chief Engineer working for Elder Dempster, sailing out of Tilbury from late 50s to mid 70s.

Both my Sister and I are now in our 60s and have never forgotten, Uncle Stan always posted birthday cards to us, no matter where he was, I remember though, mainly from the Ivory Coast.
However, we are aware of a secret past lifestyle, which was never talked about by our Father or Uncle, his younger Brother, or Grandma, who he lived with when on leave.

I realise this is a big ask, for someone who may have worked with, or known Stan, while working with E.D. Line, as we are aware there maybe a secret lifestyle, which those working around him, where aware of, however never discussed.

If we could therefore ask for any information on Stan, we would certainly welcome any returns to the above, to enable us to finally find out who the real Stan really was.

Thank You in Advance
I was in ED;s the same time as Stan, never sailed with him but knew of him. The last I could find was his name as Chief Engineer on mv.Falaba in October 1977.
I have mentioned your post on the Elder Dempster facebook page so maybe someone will have information. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in ED;s the same time as Stan, never sailed with him but knew of him. The last I could find was his name as Chief Engineer on mv.Falaba in October 1977.
I have mentioned your post on the Elder Dempster facebook page so maybe someone will have information. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thank You so much for your return and information, this is most appreciated, hopefully you mentioning on facebook may turn into more responses.

Thank You again.
Keith Machin

·
Registered
24 Posts
My daughter tells me that Stan is on Ancestry and all records are free this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts