Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish to add information about a ship in the "Categories" of the Ships Directory (see below). Currently the Ellerman City Line category only contains one ship, the City of Benares. I want to add information about another ship and wish to add the name of the ship so that it will link to the information that I will provide. I can't see how that can be done - there is no "Start New Thread" button, or equivalent, that I can find.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have been a member for many years but never learned how to start a thread so I attempted to tag on to any post that was close to what I wanted to discuss. Not very satisfactory. Thought this query of Ron's would elicit a How To response but not so.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been a member for many years but never learned how to start a thread so I attempted to tag on to any post that was close to what I wanted to discuss. Not very satisfactory. Thought this query of Ron's would elicit a How To response but not so.
Keith, I have no problem starting a new thread in most forums - just select the forum that you wish to post in and then press the 'Start Discussion' button at the top right of the page. My problem was that when I selected the Ships Directory Discussion, when I tried to add facts about a new vessel to the Ellerman City Line thread, there was no 'Start Discussion' button on the page and I was only able to insert the new vessel into the discussion of an existing vessel. I have given up and just posted the information on the Ellerman shipping line forum, rather than put the facts in the Directory.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
Okay, it took me a bit to figure this out. This was static content brought over from the old site.

So as an example, when you go here that is not a forum section, it is a "thread" that replaces that specific WIKI content.

Does that help?

- Cricket

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thank you guys Have been going through some medical stuff these past few weeks and
it must have had more affect on me than I thought. Bit of a rear end ... I do apologize.
I will use the suggestion; had no idea it was just that easy to start a thread.
Cheers, Keith Adams

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, it took me a bit to figure this out. This was static content brought over from the old site.

So as an example, when you go here that is not a forum section, it is a "thread" that replaces that specific WIKI content.

Does that help?

- Cricket
I understand that what I was trying to contribute to was not a form but a thread. Thank you for your prompt response.
NB the link that you gave does not work - produces an error message "Oops ....". Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
3,931 Posts
I understand that what I was trying to contribute to was not a form but a thread. Thank you for your prompt response.
NB the link that you gave does not work - produces an error message "Oops ....". Thanks again for your help.
Sorry, I copy/pasted the wrong link. :(

- Cricket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts