Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week last Friday a couple of German tourists parked up their camper-van to take a stroll along St Cyprien (SE France) beach when they spotted a couple of unsavory characters nearby so prudently decided to take their passports etc with them.
To their horror on return they discovered the camper-van had disappeared and promptly called the local Gendarmerie.
Fortunately for this couple a scooter attached to the rear of the van had a GPS tracking device which quickly led the police to a nearby supermarket car park where four men including the previous two all of Bosnian nationality were stripping the camper-van of its contents.
When challenged by the police they denied stealing the camper-van until presented with the owner and the van's papers.
The following Wednesday ie five days later all four Bosnians were convicted and now doing a nine month stretch in Perpignan prison.
A hostelry I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A week last Friday a couple of German tourists parked up their camper-van to take a stroll along St Cyprien (SE France) beach when they spotted a couple of unsavory characters nearby so prudently decided to take their passports etc with them.
To their horror on return they discovered the camper-van had disappeared and promptly called the local Gendarmerie.
Fortunately for this couple a scooter attached to the rear of the van had a GPS tracking device which quickly led the police to a nearby supermarket car park where four men including the previous two all of Bosnian nationality were stripping the camper-van of its contents.
When challenged by the police they denied stealing the camper-van until presented with the owner and the van's papers.
The following Wednesday ie five days later all four Bosnians were convicted and now doing a nine month stretch in Perpignan prison.
A hostelry I wouldn't recommend to anyone!
That's the way to do it! We would have put them on benefits, given them a house and let them keep the camper on a "finders keepers" basis!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Related the story to a caravanning Dutch couple the other day. In Holland they'd be sent back to Bosnia and in a couple of days they'd be back in Holland!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Related the story to a caravanning Dutch couple the other day. In Holland they'd be sent back to Bosnia and in a couple of days they'd be back in Holland!

And be given a handout to make their return journey to Bosnia a little more comfortable.
Bye the bye , is that the St Cyprien with the paper flowers hung above the main streets ? , If so , was there last month . Lovely place.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice one.
'er indoors and I spend at least 4 or 5 months wandering round Europe every year in our van.
Thank the Big Fellah upstairs that nout like that has ever happened to us.
However, thieves fries on toast sounds good for breakfast.
(I wonder if those Bosnians have got sore bums yet)
Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts