Ships Nostalgia banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Swan River posts moved

In case anyone should wonder, there were quite a few Swan River comments in amongst these Tenbury postings, so I have gathered them together and they are now in their own thread, as that lady deserves her own thread, as does the Tenbury here.
(Thumb)
Mark

·
Registered
197 Posts
Marinero,

Thanks for your reply. Seems that my Dad served with the Tenbury as a deck cadet from April through until November 1973 and signed off in Liverpool.

Other ships he sailed with include the Sagamore and the Orotava Bridge.

Kind Regards

BPCadet
Hi BPcadet
I was eng cadet on Tenbury Aug 73 to Sept 73 My first trip to Canada and back to liverpool for kelloggs (haven't eaten cornflakes since). then rejoined in liverpool for a harrison line charter to the Caribbean, then back loaded sugar at Georgetown Guyana for silvertown London left there 15/12/73

regards stuart

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on the Tenbury, joined in Birkenhead Feb 74 and payed off in Liverpool May 74, I have always said she was the most fun I had at sea, smallest ship and the largest crew but what times!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi BPcadet
I was eng cadet on Tenbury Aug 73 to Sept 73 My first trip to Canada and back to liverpool for kelloggs (haven't eaten cornflakes since). then rejoined in liverpool for a harrison line charter to the Caribbean, then back loaded sugar at Georgetown Guyana for silvertown London left there 15/12/73

regards stuart
My first voyage to Canada, then west Indies,memories loved it, my name, seamie shiels galley boy, the dates above correct. Seamie.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts