Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
Thad Constantine

I have known Thad for about a dozen years. Thad and his parents have been regular visitors to Bermuda since the 70s. I think he became a ship 'buff' as a youngster during those calls at Bermuda. I met him and his family about ten years ago on one of their visits. He came from Boston, Mass.

He was a keen collector of ship photos and had a massive collection of 1:200 models. Very sad that we have lost friend.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
THADDEUS CONSTANTINE
1972 - 2018 Obituary 

CONSTANTINE, Thaddeus Thaddeus Betts Constantine of Boston, MA and Weekapaug, RI, born January 2, 1972 in Silver Spring, MD, died of natural causes at home in Boston on September 17, 2018. Thad graduated from The Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, CT, and the University of Richmond in Richmond, VA. He attended the Boston Architectural Center and went on to become an associate at DiMarinisi & Wolfe, a municipal architecture firm in Boston. Thad loved his schools, remaining very active in various Alumni activities and college recruiting. Thad was an avid sports fan for his hometown and college teams. He loved the Richmond Spiders, Washington Redskins and was elated when the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup this year. His two favorite places were the Newstead Resort in Bermuda and his beloved Weekapaug, RI where he enjoyed all the Atlantic shore has to offer. All those who knew Thad considered him to be their kindest and most generous friend. He will be sorely missed. He is survived by his father and mother, Richard and Mallory Constantine of Weekapaug, his brother, Wells, and his wife, Negar, of Novato, CA, his sister, Caroline Constantine Rosen, and her husband, Matthew, of Darien, CT, and Cannon and Archer Rosen, his nephews, and Hanna and Ellie Constantine, his nieces.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Thad Constantine

He was a keen collector of ship photos and had a massive collection of 1:200 models. Very sad that we have lost friend.

Stephen
Stephen,
Wasn't Thad a member here? I seem to remember pictures of a very large model ship collection in the gallery.

Rgds.
Dave

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stephen,
Wasn't Thad a member here? I seem to remember pictures of a very large model ship collection in the gallery.

Rgds.
Dave
not sure if he was a member - but that collection of his was massive - to date i do not think i have seen a bigger private collection

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
I am quite sure. He posted several photos. Pity, I cannot remember he 'SN name'!

Those 1.1200 ship models, yes had quite a collection. I started collecting them about 30 years ago. I got to thinking that I could buy at least five or six good bottles of wine for the price of a model so stopped after I had about 30 of them. Dust collectors.... I have never had a bottle of wine get covered in dust.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
11,598 Posts
Thanks.

Thad used his architectural abilities to play with ship photos and 'repaint' ships in different liveries. I'll try to find some of that I have kept and will post them on SN.

On a visit to Boston he took me to one his local haunts, 'Pink Cheeks'. I didn't know if I was being taking to bar or a restaurant! 'Pink Cheeks' is THE place for best ribs! The wine is served in old 'mayonnaise jars'! Good fun.

Stephen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts