Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The latest sprog in the House of Windsor dynasty is to be called The Earl of Dumbarton. Not a HRH but he can be certain of a considerable amount of acreage.

Some hacks are on record as stating that he is the son of The Rock Star Couple. Jeez - help us!

The last rascal who was so named was a certain George Douglas who departed this world in 1749 with no successor.

Is this a progressive step or another attempt to milk to cash cow?

Discuss.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I thought he would have been called James after his Grandpa!........joking!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Name change to Archie (the comic), Harrison- Moutbatten - Windsor - Sussex. What a ****in burden on his proposed "ordinary life"

How much longer do we need to accept this risible attempt to brainwash us?

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Name change to Archie (the comic), Harrison- Moutbatten - Windsor - Sussex. What a ****in burden on his proposed "ordinary life"

How much longer do we need to accept this risible attempt to brainwash us?

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)
Sounds like railway stops between Romsey and Brighton! And we thought that that W*nker Rees Mogg had saddled his kids with some daft monickers?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like railway stops between Romsey and Brighton! And we thought that that W*nker Rees Mogg had saddled his kids with some daft monickers?
Now, now Winmar - the great man JRM has significant airing and attention on another thread. That's why I considered a fresh start/new thread for this day old landowner.

I'm surprised that there are no real Yankee names like Randy, Rusty or Hank among those chosen.

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
He is named Archie after the Archbishop of Canterbury.

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Archie doesn't sound very regal to me. How come they didn't call him "Peter" after the operator rather than "Archie" after the dummy?

Apparently, when Charles becomes king, Archie automatically becomes "Prince Archie". It's all smoke and mirrors. At least they didn't bring Martin Luther King or Malcolm X into it!

John T

·
Registered
6,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Archie doesn't sound very regal to me. How come they didn't call him "Peter" after the operator rather than "Archie" after the dummy?

Apparently, when Charles becomes king, Archie automatically becomes "Prince Archie". It's all smoke and mirrors. At least they didn't bring Martin Luther King or Malcolm X into it!

John T
Think you need to be of a certain age to understand that comment about Peter.
(Jester)
Davie

·
Registered
14,250 Posts
What are we to make of the BBC's sacking of radio 5 presenter Danny Baker for his social media posting depicting the Royal baby as a chimpanzee?
I have always liked Danny Baker and find it difficult to see him as racist, but this was, to say the least, pretty crass behaviour.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Crass behaviour

What are we to make of the BBC's sacking of radio 5 presenter Danny Baker for his social media posting depicting the Royal baby as a chimpanzee?
I have always liked Danny Baker and find it difficult to see him as racist, but this was, to say the least, pretty crass behaviour.
Yes we can’t have these things insinuated about our betters.
Was there any mention of slitty eyes?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The whole "royal birth" in this part of the world, seems to have been treated in a pretty muted way. I presume all the woman's mags in the UK, are pumping out reams of the usual vacuous drivel.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
As you can imagine,wall to wall coverage in the Rainbow nation. Royalty is a growth industry here with a King in every Kraal. Trouble is they are bloody expensive and as usual the "previously advantaged" have to pay.
Still its nice to see a bit of colour introduced. Wonder if Archie will be ginger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts