Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
828 Posts
It's January in the UK Shiploversa, we gotta moan at something. HEY HO! Anyway apologies for any offensive remarks as I know you mean well, will be in finer spirits come February. Gotta go out now for my Sunday yomp with the missus and dog in our wonderful Welsh Hills (albeit rather soggy ones).

· Registered
828 Posts
Not as cosmopolitan as Capers and smaller in size is the port of Lyttleton (south island Kiwi), a real quirky and beautiful port and a good run ashore with more to it than just the seaman's pubs. Me and the sparky came back one night after chuck out time and somehow ended up onboard a Russian fish factory ship moored opposite us (might have something to do with her sparky who was a blonde goddess but alas she was hitched up with their onboard "commissar "), anyway they were great hosts and eventually we crawled back to our vessel after a bellyfull of Russian brandy, smoked /cured fish and black bread and no nokey! Death warmed up all morning but after a few lunchtime "liveners" felt good enough to take some jams/marmalade across to them which they eagerly accepted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts