Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Britain’s new post-Brexit blue passports will be given to applicants from next month, the Home Office announced yesterday.

What it did not say, however, was that they will be made by a Franco/Dutch company at a factory in Poland, under EU procurement rules.

In one of the ironies of Brexit, the 11-year, £260 million contract was won by a subsidiary of the French multinational group Thales last year, after its British competitor De La Rue lost out

At the time of signing the contract. ....the government. said it would create 70 jobs in the UK.

The Times.

·
Spongebob
9,392 Posts
Britain’s new post-Brexit blue passports will be given to applicants from next month, the Home Office announced yesterday.

What it did not say, however, was that they will be made by a Franco/Dutch company at a factory in Poland, under EU procurement rules.

In one of the ironies of Brexit, the 11-year, £260 million contract was won by a subsidiary of the French multinational group Thales last year, after its British competitor De La Rue lost out

At the time of signing the contract. ....the government. said it would create 70 jobs in the UK.

The Times.
So De La Rue are a British company , someone in the family must have slept with the enemy!

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,609 Posts
This information is not old. At least a year since it came out. Cheaper than trying to start a whole printing press. I shudder what the cost for a new passport!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The Irish Passport Office have run out of blank Passports because of the numbers of British Citizens applying for belt and braces.

·
Premium Member
11,609 Posts
Dublin.

I checked.

😁

Ah well. Someone had better get cracking then.

I renewed mine two years ago. Took just under three weeks. The Irish Consul gave me the forms. Filled them and sent to Washington DC by courier. The forms were approved in DC and the information is sent to Dublin. The completed passport went to DC and the courier down to the Consul to pick it is. Less than three weeks. I then applied for one of the 'credit card' type ID Passports, that was done 'on line' and came back in about ten days. UK passport is still valid so I will wait to get the blue one's is required.

·
Premium Member
11,609 Posts
Everyone who travels should/must have a passport.... no matter where you might be. Border checks should be done for millions of reasons. If you do not have the right do***ent you should be turned away.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I fought and died for the privilege of carrying an Irish Passport, I now want the original green cover on mine.
Jeez if we don't tighten up the whole UK and IOM will be applying, I know Phil Lynott had stamina but he was no Daniel O'Connell.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Everyone who travels should/must have a passport.... no matter where you might be. Border checks should be done for millions of reasons. If you do not have the right do***ent you should be turned away.
You may be right, but you sound like a bureaucrat.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Britain’s new post-Brexit blue passports will be made by a Franco/Dutch company at a factory in Poland, under EU procurement rules.

The Times.
Bit of a bind the paper pulp coming from Sweden and Finland. Why did Bowater scrap their ships?

·
Premium Member
10,423 Posts
I fought and died for the privilege of carrying an Irish Passport, I now want the original green cover on mine.
Jeez if we don't tighten up the whole UK and IOM will be applying, I know Phil Lynott had stamina but he was no Daniel O'Connell.
I am not sure what form our passport will take but heaven forfend it emerges in green livery. I am about ready to apply for a replacement and may squeeze in in time to have it signed by a hand that I have shaken.

(Mr. O'Connell appears to have a comfortable corporation, no thin lizzy at all, at all).

·
Premium Member
10,423 Posts
They are all too hot and/or too far from Bushy's brewery not to mention their divergent 'takes' on the graven image. But still. If the only other option was one from Rebel Held Hibernia, I'll start learning Azerbaijani and you can call me Abdul.

·
Premium Member
10,423 Posts
Not for me either Stephen.

(US citizens are taxed wherever they are. Which reminds me to check out the Azerbaijani regs.).

Abdul

1 - 20 of 29 Posts