Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have just started to read "The Right Kind of Boy" by David Thomas which is a very comprehensive history of the British Sea Apprentice from 1830 to 1980. Hope to really get stuck into it on the beach at Blackpool Sands, Devon in a couple of weeks when I'm on holiday. Its over 400 pages including appendices with illustrations in black & white & was published privately by the author.
If anyone is interested in further details (ISBN, availability, etc.,) let me know.
Will let you know what I think of it after my holidays.
Note for Rushie - looks very promising, loads of real life anecdotes!
Regards,
John F.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Enjoy Blackpool Sands John....and drop me a line....time for a beer in the Old Cherub in Dartmouth me thinks...!!....not forgetting the Res Nova.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rushie said:
Enjoy Blackpool Sands John....and drop me a line....time for a beer in the Old Cherub in Dartmouth me thinks...!!....not forgetting the Res Nova.....
Rushie,
Will contact you nearer the time. Love to meet up somewhere for a drop of something. In the meantime, I'm off to the Emarald Isle tomorrow for my nephew's wedding - will be back Tuesday so incommunicado for a few days.
Kind regards,
John

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
John please do let us know your comments on the book it sounds like the type of thing I'd be interested in.

·
Bilge Rat
36,005 Posts
Blackpol sands eh!... very nice too, and right close handy to the naturists as well. taking the binoculars are we ?...LOL enjoy that nice beach mate. swam there many a time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thunderd said:
John please do let us know your comments on the book it sounds like the type of thing I'd be interested in.
Derek,
Will do. The start is a bit heavy going but its now starting to get really interesting.
Kind regards,
John.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts