Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday Farmer Danie Brand (83),his Wife Breggie and their visiting Daughter Elzabe were brutally murdered on their smallholding at a place called Hartswater in the Northern Cape.
Marches,lootings,setting fire to buildings and ridiculous gestures from highly paid sports people are not anticipated.

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Last Sunday Farmer Danie Brand (83),his Wife Breggie and their visiting Daughter Elzabe were brutally murdered on their smallholding at a place called Hartswater in the Northern Cape.
Marches,lootings,setting fire to buildings and ridiculous gestures from highly paid sports people are not anticipated.
Those deaths never made the news here..

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
Not surprisingly,Frank.
Brutal murder takes place all over the world every day.
Unless there is a direct link to UK citizens there is unlikely to be media interest here or anywhere outside RSA.
The readership of other countries have more than enough serious crime in their own back yard to read about.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Were they murdered by the police? If not, even you should see 'that makes a difference'
After all, blacks, and whites, are murdered every day without marches...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
"Brutal murder takes----

Not surprisingly,Frank.
Brutal murder takes place all over the world every day.
Unless there is a direct link to UK citizens there is unlikely to be media interest here or anywhere outside RSA.
The readership of other countries have more than enough serious crime in their own back yard to read about.
----place all over the World every day".

When murder was quite rare, it would make 'The Front Page', (e.g. 10, Rillington Place), now murder is so common-place, here, it barely warrants reporting and it, (murder), is not punished the way it should be, i.e. the perpetrator of said murder should forfeit their life.

After-all our 'life' is our most precious possession and should someone take it away then they must forfeit theirs.

The do-gooders say Capital Punishment doesn't act as a deterrent. That argument is spurious as it doesn't matter whether, or not, it acts as a deterrent the main thing is that the murderer has had their life taken from them as they robbed someone of theirs.

Execution's need-not be 'barbaric', (electrocution/hanging), a lethal injection would be the way. Phil

·
Registered
701 Posts
This is not murder, it is slaughter. A body in a distressed state? I know of farmers that have been mutilated. Why, no doubt they were going to do whatever was asked.

There is absolute silence over the white plight in South Africa. There are poor and homeless whites. These were refused food handouts during covid. Preference being given to others, who at least had a roof over their heads. Just think bag to Zimbabwe to see where these lovely country is headed.

One beautiful town, that used be called Grahamstown but has had its name illegally changed, now has cattle roaming the streets and if you try to miss them you end up in a pothole.

In some parts the infrastructure has collapsed. They all have load shedding (blackouts) frequently, no electricity for 2++ hours. This is just the planned ones. No maintenance at the Generating stations.

Unfortunately, SA is a victim of it's own impatience. Now there has to be x% of non-whites working in Banks etc. This is brilliant in theory, but some are not trained to do the job, they are making up the numbers.

When you have top politicians saying things like "This will take place on Friday, which is the day after Thursday" it makes me wonder.

Corruption is one of the main reasons for the failure of the Country.

This is not a rant about colour and if you reply do not make it one. It is an attempt to describe what is happening in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

By the way, I live in Wales married to a South African.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
----place all over the World every day".

When murder was quite rare, it would make 'The Front Page', (e.g. 10, Rillington Place), now murder is so common-place, here, it barely warrants reporting and it, (murder), is not punished the way it should be, i.e. the perpetrator of said murder should forfeit their life.

After-all our 'life' is our most precious possession and should someone take it away then they must forfeit theirs.

The do-gooders say Capital Punishment doesn't act as a deterrent. That argument is spurious as it doesn't matter whether, or not, it acts as a deterrent the main thing is that the murderer has had their life taken from them as they robbed someone of theirs.

Execution's need-not be 'barbaric', (electrocution/hanging), a lethal injection would be the way. Phil
What happens, Phil, if it later turns out that the person executed was innocent; do you just shrug your shoulders and say, "Move on"?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is not murder, it is slaughter. A body in a distressed state? I know of farmers that have been mutilated. Why, no doubt they were going to do whatever was asked.

There is absolute silence over the white plight in South Africa. There are poor and homeless whites. These were refused food handouts during covid. Preference being given to others, who at least had a roof over their heads. Just think bag to Zimbabwe to see where these lovely country is headed.

One beautiful town, that used be called Grahamstown but has had its name illegally changed, now has cattle roaming the streets and if you try to miss them you end up in a pothole.

In some parts the infrastructure has collapsed. They all have load shedding (blackouts) frequently, no electricity for 2++ hours. This is just the planned ones. No maintenance at the Generating stations.

Unfortunately, SA is a victim of it's own impatience. Now there has to be x% of non-whites working in Banks etc. This is brilliant in theory, but some are not trained to do the job, they are making up the numbers.

When you have top politicians saying things like "This will take place on Friday, which is the day after Thursday" it makes me wonder.

Corruption is one of the main reasons for the failure of the Country.

This is not a rant about colour and if you reply do not make it one. It is an attempt to describe what is happening in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

By the way, I live in Wales married to a South African.
Thanks for the compassionate response Vasco, unlike Pinky and Perky who seem to derive some sort of vicarious pleasure from the gruesome deaths of Danie and family. I think I must have upset them in the past.
Probably my only excuse for giving them the hump, is that mealy mouthed,pretentious,holier than thou,moral crusaders have always really,really, got up my nose.
Funny you should mention Grahamstown (I can't bring myself to use the other name), as that once lovely old town is half an hour up the road from me(I live in Bathurst in the heart of Settler country).
As you say corruption (and incompetence) are the bane of the country,not to mention the pot holes and the cattle.
The African National Congress have a lot to answer for.

·
Premium Member
10,424 Posts
I believe there is a half-way house that might prove acceptable enough for the liberals for an equivalence. Should a convicted person who does not appeal their conviction be sufficiently remorseful to want to suicide than we should facilitate that. Humanely of course.

I think anyone should have the right to go humanely when they are 'done'. I know there can be ulterior motivations brought to bear on the leaver but that is not true in every case. For instance I am without conventional responsibilities and can rely on friends to look after the cats. I like to think any motivations (in the unfortunate and very disappointing cir***stances that I should want to go early) would be for friends to still want me about. Journeys, as they say in China, must begin with a single step. If we do not allow it for cases clearly free of possible persuasion we will never take that stride.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
unlike Pinky and Perky who seem to derive some sort of vicarious pleasure from the gruesome deaths of Danie and family. I think I must have upset them in the past..
At least we didn't use the tragic murder of an innocent family as a stick to beat those who demand the same sort of justice, for family members killed by those sworn to protect them, as we'd expect for those who, like your killers, murder for gain...

Still, what do we mealy mouthed (etc.) do gooders know about justice?

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
"Pinky and Perky who seem to derive some sort of vicarious pleasure from the gruesome deaths of Danie and family."

Would you care to explain the reasoning behind that statement......the vicarious pleasure bit.....not the gruesome death bit?
Preferably without the use of infantile language.

"There are poor and homeless whites"

Unlike the rest of the world? Why should white South Africans be exempt from life's rocky coastline?
How many are there in the richest country on earth......the USA?

Murders of innocent township dwellers in RSA are a daily if not hourly occurrence.....no mention of this from Mr. Macauley at any time...... innocent victims are innocent victims whatever their skin pigmentation.

Anyone who is disillusioned with living in an adopted country run by a corrupt and self seeking black government can always return to the the UK and be run by the corrupt and self seeking white one that we have here.

Or try the USA and see how much safer you would be in downtown Cleveland or Detroit.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
In this----

What happens, Phil, if it later turns out that the person executed was innocent; do you just shrug your shoulders and say, "Move on"?
----day-and-age of very accurate forensic science, expats, the chances of executing an innocent person are nil. Phil

·
Premium Member
10,424 Posts
Phil,

I don't think that would sway enough liberals to the fold. I think my halfway house might even it didn't relieve gaol of them all.

·
Registered
23,019 Posts
It works both ways with respect to police incompetence.......I doubt the following ever got beyond these shores.
Though I agree with Phil in principle......let's not kid ourselves the system is 100% foolproof.

This from my hometown where "inept" police investigation lead to ........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...gton-death&link_location=live-reporting-story

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/50633...oppi-worthington-was-abused-before-her-death/

Followed by......https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ons-father-escaping-justice-appears-show.html

*A health warning before reading this*

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny how sparkless and exparts are the only guys to bring up race and colour in this thread. Its also the last (sometimes first) resort of our government. Its a pity really.

·
Registered
701 Posts
"There are poor and homeless whites"

Unlike the rest of the world? Why should white South Africans be exempt from life's rocky coastline?
How many are there in the richest country on earth......the USA?

Anyone who is disillusioned with living in an adopted country run by a corrupt and self seeking black government can always return to the the UK and be run by the corrupt and self seeking white one that we have here.

Or try the USA and see how much safer you would be in downtown Cleveland or Detroit.
You are perfectly correct there are poor people all over the world, I mentioned the white because a lot of people are surprised to hear this and even more surprised to hear how they are being treated.

I have no idea about your adopted country remark.

The country is heading for ruin and I feel sorry for all the population.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts