Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been done before?My three favourite Ports of my MN days.
Calcutta and Columbo-These ports were so exciting to the new apprentice,people and animals everywhere,smells,heat and rain,remnants of British Raj,the newIndians,the Maidan,Galle Face,great meals small huts Columbo,the beachs,american taxis with big horns,betel nut[yuk],Seamans mission dances[buy the bracelets]rum&coke,I could go on.
Liverpool the home [to me] of the MN the port that I left to see all of these places[don't forget Clatterbridge Hospital].I think I had better go and clear the snow and have a very hot curry and a beer.

Mike (Thumb)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Sorry Skymaster tried to think of three favourites but must admit couldnt rate 3 best.... worst yes (Thumb) (Hippy)

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
jim barnes said:
Sorry Skymaster tried to think of three favourites but must admit couldnt rate 3 best.... worst yes (Thumb) (Hippy)
I sense a new thread coming on...

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
My three favorite, Kobe, Vancouver & Liverpool, the last mainly because it was ( & I suppose still is) my home port. Still get a kick from a trip on the ferry.
David

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
John_F said:
Ruud,
What on earth did you like about Gävle? Now Amsterdam........... (*))
Kind regards,
John
Ahoy John,
The record was 35+ lovely Swedes o/b, that was 2 for each member, and that for almost 1 week; if they knew that "we were bound for Gävle" the quay was filled up, for the next visit. Beside it was too expensive to go ashore, and we had everything o/b.The cargo was mostly booze from France.(*)) And this every 3-4 weeks, what more would you liked?
Amsterdam was of course, the best, but always long taxi rides from Centre to Coenhaven, in the middle of the night, and costs were extreme.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts