Ships Nostalgia banner

Trying to find info on MV Losada (1930's)

1542 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Vivmd
My late maternal grandfather did a number of trips on the MV Losada (?) on its regular South America run. As far as I know it ran from Liverpool to the River Plate on a scheduled run as well as the Falklands.

I have a wooden model of the Losada that he made in the early 80's which I intend to restore - and that is the reason for the question.Is there any photo's or info that would help me ?

Cheers in advance.
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Losada

Thank you very much gents. This site is quite addictive I'm finding!!

I was delighted to see the Losada survived WW2 but ended in the breakers yards in 1952. The wooden model my grandfather made is pretty close to the mark though I'd say he was working from memory pretty well.

I have 4 models that await me.One of the Port Auckland, the Ashfield and a Tanker of some description with no name or rego. As far as I know he never sailed on Tankers!

Once again thanks gents! (Thumb)
My late maternal grandfather did a number of trips on the MV Losada (?) on its regular South America run. As far as I know it ran from Liverpool to the River Plate on a scheduled run as well as the Falklands.

I have a wooden model of the Losada that he made in the early 80's which I intend to restore - and that is the reason for the question.Is there any photo's or info that would help me ?

Cheers in advance.
Losada

Thank you very much gents. This site is quite addictive I'm finding!!

I was delighted to see the Losada survived WW2 but ended in the breakers yards in 1952. The wooden model my grandfather made is pretty close to the mark though I'd say he was working from memory pretty well.

I have 4 models that await me.One of the Port Auckland, the Ashfield and a Tanker of some description with no name or rego. As far as I know he never sailed on Tankers!

Once again thanks gents! (Thumb)
Hi
I have just found this of my Grandad taken on Losada 1930..Pacific Ocean

Cheers in advance.
Please find attached a photo of my Grandad on Losada 1930 Pacific Ocean he sailed from Liverpool.
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts