Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Tyne Tees had a wharf on the Tees,next to the Fire Boat landing adjoining the Transporter Bridge. The site was managed by Gus Mason,probably a Director of the company,he was a short man but with a great sense of humour even to an Office Boy from another agents! Part of the site had the only public wine and spirit Bond 'Middlesbrough A Bond'....when this was closed after many years it transferred across the river as 'Middlesbrough B' and I was the fellow that ran it,amongst a 1000 other duties!
geoff

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Nicely put Cb Pilot.....During the war he was seconded to the Dept. handling vessel movements,name forgotten at moment, he was under John Craddock who became chief water clerk at Constantines, and was Army Captain by rank.Whenever Gus Mason came into our office he would salute and say Good Day Captain Craddock sir! To which John would say stand down Private....This used to really p... the Management off!
Nice memories.
geoff

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Get the typewriter out amigo....

I only went on board one of their/your vessels as we had some cargo that had been delayed...it was the Iberian Coast..and I don't remember what the cargo was as it was about 1958/59.

geoff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.