Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone remember Len Brough Chief Engineer in 1966? I was a Junior Engineer just going up to 4th at the time.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone remember Len Brough Chief Engineer in 1966? I was a Junior Engineer just going up to 4th at the time.
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Yes, I remember Len Brough very well. He was chief on the Aramoana where I was 5/E. Jack ? was 2/E

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks
Len was Chief on the Rangatira when I joined as 2nd Electrician in 1963, believe he was the youngest Chief to serve on the InterIsland Express as it was called in those days, A great Chief and gentleman as was all of the Officers on the Ferries. Capt Meatyard and C/E Bill Hall just to name a few.
R.Kearsley

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dad was Marine Superintendent with the Marine Department at Lyttelton from 1947, and had a lot to do with Capt Meatyard et al. When I was a wee lad I did training at HMNZS Tamaki at Motuihe Island, and had a dreadful journey in the 75-berth cabin in the bowels of “Rangatira” then The Limited. A sheltered childhood didn’t prepare me for that ship-board accommodation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts