Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a small photo showing 3 vessels - Eastern Morn, Morning Star and 1 more.
Can anyone help with any information about them and where (when) the shot was taken?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ken
Water Boat Watercraft Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
128 Posts
It’s Bridlington, pleasure boats in the background either the Yorkshire Bell, the other is possibly the Flamborian or Thornwick. More info on them at Bridlington.net

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hello,
Sorry if this muddys the water. From "Olsens1953"
EASTER not Eastern MORN. Two boats with this name.
1/ INS150 48 tons owned A R Davidson and others Burghead
2/ WY61 19 tons owned by E L Turner & H Duke Whitby
MORNING STAR Motor, O/N 181496, PD234, 45 ton Wooden built, at Fraserborough Nov 1952. Owned by G A Duncan Peterhead and C Tait Inverallochy.

regards
Roger

·
Registered
92 Posts
gents we appear to be following these vessels up and down the east coast, are they trawlers? Or Drifters following the herring fishings season, and changes of ownwership, being registered reregistered in an east coast port.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Haven't been to Bridlington for years but that ship on the far side looks too big for Brid. Too big to be the Yorkshire Belle too. Having said that, the boat that all the people are boarding could well be a Yorkshire coble.

John T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I have a small photo showing 3 vessels - Eastern Morn, Morning Star and 1 more.
Can anyone help with any information about them and where (when) the shot was taken?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ken View attachment 689854
The two pleasure steamers in the background are (left to right) the Yorkshire lady and the Coronia,
My father did 2 summer seasons on the Coronia as mate 1960 -61

1 - 8 of 8 Posts