Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just returned home from a trans-Atlantic cruise on RCL's Vision of the Seas. This is my 24th. cruise, the 4th. on this ship and my 2nd. trans-Atlantic cruise on this ship.

I would rate the cruise as excellent.

Despite its age, the ship is well-maintained and has a very pleasant decor. At 78,000 tons, it is one of the smaller ships in the industry with only one 'attraction', a rock-climbing wall. No water slides, no ice-skating rink, no dodgem cars etc.((Thumb))

My wife and I avoided the dining room, preferring to eat in the more relaxed atmosphere of the buffet with its wider selection of food. The quality of the food was excellent.

Although we don't normally 'do' the entertainment, we did attend some events and found them to be varied and professional. The Cruise Director hosted a number of informal discussions on current and controversial topics.

Our cabin was located on deck 7 mid-ships which is a very convenient location (two decks below the pool and buffet deck.) Very nice, well-appointed cabin with a balcony. This balcony came in handy when our port of call in the Azores was cancelled due to hurricane Lorenzo and we had several days of turbulence. The outside decks were uncomfortable but the balcony was great.

Was there anything negative about the cruise? Yes, the availability of gluten-free desserts and some asinine rules about toasting gluten-free bread! This is only a big deal if you are gluten-intolerant.

I think the cruise was much more expensive compared with previous trans-Atlantic cruises that I have made but then again, cruise fares in general seem to be increasing at a clip.

Chris

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Chris we are about to take our 23rd cruise next week on Rhapsody of the Seas. Never cruised across the Pond, 7 days at sea sounds too much like slow steaming with Texaco.
I intend to add half a stone or 2 inches to my waist whichever is greatest.
Keep on cruising and fcuk the begrudgers, of which there are many on SN.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris we are about to take our 23rd cruise next week on Rhapsody of the Seas. Never cruised across the Pond, 7 days at sea sounds too much like slow steaming with Texaco.
I intend to add half a stone or 2 inches to my waist whichever is greatest.
Keep on cruising and fcuk the begrudgers, of which there are many on SN.
I wish you a great cruise!! My daughter made her first cruise last year, on the Rhapsody, and really enjoyed the ship.

Personally, I prefer the cruises with many sea days as opposed to being in a different port every day. I find that very tiring.

As for the begrudgers....I have yet to hear from one who has actually taken a cruise and didn't like it.

Enjoy putting on the pounds; that why trousers with elastic waists were invented!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts