Ships Nostalgia banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad Basil Eric Phelan joined the Waiwera somewhere between 1949 - 1952 im not sure what he did on her i would like to know anything about him what job he did and the ship. He was from Midhirst Taranaki and only about 19 -20 years of age then has anyone got anything they are able to share even photos with me id be super stoked. Heather

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Dad Basil Eric Phelan joined the Waiwera somewhere between 1949 - 1952 im not sure what he did on her i would like to know anything about him what job he did and the ship. He was from Midhirst Taranaki and only about 19 -20 years of age then has anyone got anything they are able to share even photos with me id be super stoked. Heather
Hi Heather. Try putting that post on the Union Steam Ship or Ships of NZ & You Sailed IN page on Face book. I remember sailing with a chap called Paddy Phelan but didn't know what his proper name was because everyone just called him Paddy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Heather. Try putting that post on the Union Steam Ship or Ships of NZ & You Sailed IN page on Face book. I remember sailing with a chap called Paddy Phelan but didn't know what his proper name was because everyone just called him Paddy.
Do u know where this Paddy was origanally from or his age i have it confirmed my Dad was on Board the Waiwera in 1950-1951

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do u know where this Paddy was origanally from or his age i have it confirmed my Dad was on Board the Waiwera in 1950-1951
Hi Heather, sorry I don't know were he was from but I would have sailed with him in the early 70's and I would think he was in his early 50's then. but as I said before put it up on the Union Steam Ship Co facebook page and I'm sure you will get a response.Cheers Rod

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Heather, sorry I don't know were he was from but I would have sailed with him in the early 70's and I would think he was in his early 50's then. but as I said before put it up on the Union Steam Ship Co facebook page and I'm sure you will get a response.Cheers Rod
Thank you but no not my Dad thanks though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forehead Chin Eyebrow Eye Coat
Flowerpot Houseplant Plant Liquid Rectangle
Forehead Chin Eyebrow Eye Coat Flowerpot Houseplant Plant Liquid Rectangle my Dad Basil and the Boat Waiwera 1950s that he worked on

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow ok he was from midhirst /stratford taranaki i think he sailed thru auckland onto liverpool then blackpool in somewhere between 1949-1950 i was told by his brother that he was still at sea in 1951
The Waiwera was built in 1944 12,000 tonne refrigerated cargo ship. She was operated by Shaw Saville Line until 1967 when she was sold and renamed JULIA. Disposed of 13/1/68 Chin Tai Steel Enterprises, Kaohsiung.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts