Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does all this cr-p mean ( zero )
If all Trumps tweets and Tv sh1t and Brexit could be made into a pudding would anybody even try to taste it .
I think not ; not the people who have been to sea anyway .

Looks like they are all going to Sh1t the bed . One mans view . D

·
Premium Member
3,858 Posts
"Push-back" is an Americanism for resistance, reaction or opposition to an action or statement.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't feel bad mate. I'm a naturalized U.S, citizen of 52 years and haven't a clue either. I'm double [email protected]$d when I get lost on interesting posts that are full of English acronyms that are bewildering to me an ex-MNer that is a foreigner now.(Jester)

Rodney

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
I dont really know what "double down " means.
"Me neether", as they say. "Double Down" appeared Downunder recently and means nothing to me. I'm almost getting my head around "back to back" though.

Another one that confuses me is when they talk about "Offshore Winds" and "Onshore Winds". I know that a westerly comes from the west and an easterly comes from the east but "offshore" and "onshore" ... duh!

John T

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Thanks for that kewl Dude. Just listening to the local radio complaining about the Americanization of Australian. Inevitable I suppose, God knows what we will pick up from the chinese.As an old man said to me many years ago. "I am glad I am going and not coming".

·
Registered
779 Posts
Another one that confuses me is when they talk about "Offshore Winds" and "Onshore Winds". I know that a westerly comes from the west and an easterly comes from the east but "offshore" and "onshore" ... duh!

John T
It all depends on the direction you are facing, when having a p1ss, on the end of the pier. With, or against the wind.

(Smoke)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double down

double down - verb

doubled down; doubling down; doubles down

Definition of double down

intransitive verb
1 : to double the original bid in blackjack in exchange for only one more card
2 : to become more tenacious, zealous, or resolute in a position or undertaking

Unquote

Greg Hayden
As a card player I knew what Double-Down meant but bugger me I never realised it was an Intransitive Verb. Maybe that's why I had so many loosing hands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts