Ships Nostalgia banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Joined the Westbury in London as an AB on 13 December 1973. Not sure why, no records kept, but I left her less than 2 months later in Liverpool on 7 February 1974. Thinking on, not sure where we could have gone in such a short time, perhaps another Houlder man can enlighten.
Joined the Clerk-Maxwell in Mexico shortly afterwards and never saw the Westbury again.
When she returned from deep sea you may have took her round the coast ready to go deep sea again .. I did a couple of coastal trips and deep sea on her

·
Registered
8 Posts
Joined the Westbury in London as an AB on 13 December 1973. Not sure why, no records kept, but I left her less than 2 months later in Liverpool on 7 February 1974. Thinking on, not sure where we could have gone in such a short time, perhaps another Houlder man can enlighten.
Joined the Clerk-Maxwell in Mexico shortly afterwards and never saw the Westbury again.
Hello ****,
I joined the fine ship Westbury as 3Mate on 14 Dec 1973 at London, Millwall dock. We sailed fully loaded with GenCargo for Caribbean Islands - Barbados, Trinidad &Tobago and Venezuela; return to UK with Demerara sugar in bulk for Liverpool. It was Dutch Company charter. Maybe you remember this mini story...at Barbados, a Cunard Passenger vessel was docking at opposite berth. As she sailed that afternoon, all Westbury crew lined up at poop deck and give the Full Moon salute.
Is that refreshed your memory.
My memory is good, but is short.

On that same trip I fallen in love with the Barbados Rum and I still drink it today. By the glass now...use to drink it by the bottle then.
Look after yourself,

21 - 22 of 22 Posts