Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not Arcadia or Pride of Bilbao. This is not one of my ships, either as crew or passenger. Was amongst some slides when I bought a slide projector, screen and this persons collection. Some priceless stuff which I will post in due course. David

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
ruud said:
Ahoy,

With 5 loaf's of bread baked, it couldn't be a "big" one, but the galley looks fine.
and maybe 2 fishes,,, Noas Ark (Hippy)

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't be fooled by the 5 loaf's. This galley served a lot of passengers and crew. David

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am surprised this is not being guessed. This is a big passenger liner. Well, big for her era. David

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Wild guess "Queen Mary"

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you mean, not a Galley?. This IS the Galley of a well known ship, now sadly scrapped like so many of her era. This is a picture never to be seen again and is utterly priceless. When you get it, I will post other pictures of her including her engine room. David

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pompeyfan said:
Thanks for trying Santos. Not the Caronia but same era. David
David, I was never on anything larger than Loch Loyal (passenger/Cargo that is) but I would guess Mauritania? Incidentally, that galley is larger than some of the Constentine ships I sailed on!! LOL (Night)

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not Mauritania Vix, this ship was a bit newer. Not too sure if this was the first class or tourist galley but she would have had both. David

1 - 20 of 33 Posts