Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have from time to time seen reference to members 'ignoring' posts from another member.
Questions:
Does such a system exist?
If it does:
How does it work?
What exactly does it do?
Why on earth would anyone need/want it?

·
Registered
16,092 Posts
I tried it some years ago, there has admittedly been a couple of trolls on here, that have had no other interests but to destroy every debate But it did not seem much point in it as you did read other member's reaction to them, which might include mentions of you or your posts. And there was something about the thread starter title, I believe, which I have forgotten. But the sum of it was that beyond the possible enjoyment in putting somebody on an "enemies list" there was nothing to gain from it.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
Malcolm,"Ignore" means that you cannot see a person's post. Used to filter out annoying claptrap, such as "smart donkeys" posting that they are always right and posting pictures to back up their assertions......................
Rgds.
Dave

·
Registered
355 Posts
A few weeks ago I unsubscribed from the Stormy Weather forum and put its most prolific posters on my 'ignore' list.

It has become obvious that those posters thrive in Stormy Weather since they are very infrequent posters to threads outside of Stormy Weather.

The end result is:

a) SN has become much more enjoyable
b) My blood pressure has been reduced
c) I sleep better at night
d) I have more respect for my fellow man and yes...
e) My complexion has improved.

I can highly recommend the 'ignore poster' function.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A few weeks ago I unsubscribed from the Stormy Weather forum and put its most prolific posters on my 'ignore' list.

It has become obvious that those posters thrive in Stormy Weather since they are very infrequent posters to threads outside of Stormy Weather.

The end result is:

a) SN has become much more enjoyable
b) My blood pressure has been reduced
c) I sleep better at night
d) I have more respect for my fellow man and yes...
e) My complexion has improved.

I can highly recommend the 'ignore poster' function.
What a wonderful outcome, especially (e). I doubt it would work for me as my boyish good looks are a thing of the past. Luckily I find I can accept that which appears stupid on line. After all I can't tell how my posts appear to others. I like your cheerful gentle wit. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for replies chaps.

Stein, balanced as ever.
Dave, I understand your point.
Chris, I am signed up for SW, but only dip in occasionally and rarely post, I cannot keep up with most of that stuff but I hate to miss anything.
Robert, When I get off the phone from winding up an unsolicited caller, my wife is wont to say "what must they think of you?" - same sort of thing really.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thank you for replies chaps.

Robert, When I get off the phone from winding up an unsolicited caller, my wife is wont to say "what must they think of you?" - same sort of thing really.
My wife says the say thing when I get off the phone with my kids and grandkids! I just got a t-shirt from one of the grandkids. It says on the front:

Grandpa.
The Man.
The Legend.
The Bad Influence.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Forgive my iggerance, please but where and how does one find the ability to 'ignore' please?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Thanks Malcolm and Duquesa.
They say that 'curiosity killed the cat' but although I now know I cannot imagine using it either.
Geoff (YM) (Wave)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts