Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What merchant ship has the record for the most changes of ownership yet never once changed it's original name during it's entire working life?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of that one Fred.
Good effort, question should have been marked merchant vessel in terms of ownership.
Scrapped a long time ago Tanker..

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
R651400 said:
What ship has the record for the most numerous change of ownership yet never changed it's original name, during it's entire working life?
Queen Mary...? (Hippy)

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Jim, not QM. Am going to let this run a wee bit before starting on clues because I'm sure someone will ping the string.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Calvin, Not Canberra.
How's this for a record?
Change of ownership ie bought and sold approx fifteen times, one of them could have been an inter-company transfer.
In 52 years service she retained the same name!

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
R5 think you referring to Doulos? Sorry no. This question proving more elusive than I thought!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello.

I was thinking in the FUNCHAL but I don't think that she changed ownership that many times since 1961... although she has already changed flag a couple of times: Portuguese (registered in Lisbon) -> Panamanian -> Portuguese (registered in Madeira).

Best regards from Lisbon,
Paulo Mestre

R651400 said:
What merchant ship has the record for the most changes of ownership yet never once changed it's original name during it's entire working life?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry gentlemen, not the ship I was thinking of.
Very few ships actually make 52 years service, but to change ownership 15 or so times and never have another name change from launching, must be some sort of record. This particular ship started life registered in Hull....

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again Calvin, the ship I am referring to never changed it's name in it's entire working life but managed to change different companies around fourteen or fifteen times.
Wondered when you would appear Alan. See above, but keep digging...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts