Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Jeff, this is a lovely example and a classic colouring; although I have to say it is usual to see it standing upright rather than on its side, although they do work quite well as you have it in the photograph. By the way, did you get the other part?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jeff,
It looks very much like a copy of a dildo designed by Enoch Boulton and exhibited at the great 1925 Exhibition in Paris. If it was an original it would be worth a fortune as there were only 25 made.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmm, What other part Tonga, do you mean I've been robbed. I'm shocked Benjidog, this was given to me by my sister-in-law

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
A scale model of Disney's latest cruise ship?!? (Jester)

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is of course a " Bizzarre " . Chinese copy of a Clarice Cliff original 1938.

You buggers have no thoughts for the finer things of life ! I see that Gulpers has the left hand version, you should get together and try e-bay. they are worth a fortune to the discerning collector. If the re-inforced concrete ones are available they can be used as book-ends, or as kedge anchors. Please advise us all where these valuable items can be purchased as I am sure queues will be formed.

fred

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny Gulpers you seem to have the same tiles and workbench in your kitchen as we have. I think a thingy for someone who has everything is the closest yet. Mind you I'm not quite sure if Tonga knows what it is.

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Drat it, you spotted my cunning plan Jeff! It couldn't be my kitchen worktop - it's littered with bottles just now - sadly all nearly empty! (Applause)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I knew I had seen this before. It took me all day but I finally tracked it down on an old video of the Antiques Roadshow - I have a complete set of them going back to 1987. Here is a screen capture - I can confirm that the commentary clearly identifies it as Clarice Cliffe so I was wrong. Well spotted Fred!

Attachments

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mmm looks as though mine is a copy from this origional design, but much smaller, sold with a specific purpose in mind, what is it's purpose?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you were a pirate and had a prosthetic nose following losing a sword fight or catching a nasty disease, you could place it on here when you went to bed. It could keep company with the glass with your false teeth in, your glass eye, and the wooden leg standing in the corner.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did say it was only 10cms in length Gulpers, it is sold with a specific modern day purpose in mind. If no one gets it soon I will post a picture of it in action. Look at benjidog's last reply and think along them lines.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have just read the Quiz forum title again and it says the quiz should have a nautical theme. This one has not got a nautical theme, sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts