Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know where, I took pic, 1993. As much as i try, i can't remember what its called. Cant find it on the web. HELP???Barney.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tonga, Its not in the Cape Verde Islands. Brian, you are near. Its called ****** Rock.But Its gone from my memory. Will give a clue were it is later. Its a long way from land. Barney

·
ex-Denholm Moderator
11,591 Posts
Looks like Rockall on a very good day. (Thumb)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that zelo, very interesting. It looks like her back from the deep.
Thousands of ships have passed by this ***** rock, I do'nt know if close enough to see it, some must have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Of all the rocks, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to run into mine ...." (with apologies to Casablanca)

C'mon Barney - give us a clue as to what part of the world this might be. It certainly ain't Ailsa Craig or Gibraltar so that narrows it down a bit for everyone.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well said Brian. Its north of the Equator. Most ships Going to Australia or NZ pass the area where it is. Barney.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Blimey - that clue ain't much help!

I only did an in-shore navigation course, but even I know that the Azores are in the middle of the Atlantic and Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific. In between the two is Mexico and the West Indies on my map!

You said this is somewhere on a route taking us to NZ or Australia. Did you mean Azores and where are we sailing from Barney?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Between Panama and St Martins. I thought most ships to Australia and NZ went via Panama Canal. Sorry if i got it wrong. Barney.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Harry, not Rocas. Where are St peter and Paul Rocks. It is some were between Panama and St Martins. You should now know waters it is in. Barney.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts