Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Thanks for posting this Ruud. Still can't find out how to post thumbnails into a thread other than gallery. Come on chaps, surely you know where this is?. David

·
Banned
17 Posts
Pompeyfan said:
Was taken from my Hospital Deck on Canberra 1972. David
Looks like a harbour entrance hiding a large city on a large natural harbour. This entrance looks to me a little large for Durban, but that's my guess

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
This is an actual place, not the entrance to a larger city. The place is a major seaport. But Canberra was too big to go into the port so had to anchor quite a way out. More clues later. David

·
Banned
17 Posts
Pompeyfan said:
This is an actual place, not the entrance to a larger city. The place is a major seaport. But Canberra was too big to go into the port so had to anchor quite a way out. More clues later. David
OK then. It can't be on Canberra's regular route so it must be a cruise. I remember we've had "Canberra 1972" before. That time the answer was Gallipoli. So I'm picking this is also in the Med somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,620 Posts
Where is it?

In view of your major preoccupation with the Pride of Bilbao thread David, has Ruud by any chance posted a photo of Bilbao for you?

Fred

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
Yes he has Fred, but only because I don't have a clue of how to post a thumbnail into a thread. You are very observant Zelo1964. No it was not a regular route. But it was a cruise which of course is not a route as such, but Canberra was still a liner at the time, not a full time cruise ship. It is not the Med, but close. Go East. David

·
Registered
972 Posts
David...if you go into Mess Deck Forum, scroll down to Work Station, on page 2 #44 you will find a thread I put in for humbertug, re: uploading images...the thumbnail automatically comes into thread...hope it helps.
Regards
Frank

1 - 20 of 34 Posts