Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little quiz ,very easy for you i suppose!!!! 12 hours for the answer.
Gp (*))

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Tanker,

If I read your profile right you live in Milano. Therefore the nearest coastline to you would be the area around Genova.

However I checked out all the lighthouses around the entire coast of Italy, Sardinia and Sicily on http://www.cyberlights.com/ and could not identify one with a matching shape and the red stripe half way down.

Is it a bit further away or don't they have all the Italian lighthouses on that website?

I have to say that it was worth making the search - I am very impressed with the range of designs of lighthouses you have - most of the ones in the Uk are more or less the same shape.

Brian

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Pat McCardle said:
Looks like I got it right lads. Europa Point, Gibraltar!! That's (Thumb) what tanker is saying?
I thought it was Europa Point too but got the impression that Tanker said that wasn't the answer.

Just for interest, don't know what's going on there now, but up until at least the '70s, Europa Point was manned by Trinity House Lighthouse Keepers from England. I think they did 2 year stints. Trinity also manned a lighthouse in the Falkland Islands (possibly Cape Pembroke?)

John T.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
trotterdotpom said:
I thought it was Europa Point too but got the impression that Tanker said that wasn't the answer.

Just for interest, don't know what's going on there now, but up until at least the '70s, Europa Point was manned by Trinity House Lighthouse Keepers from England. I think they did 2 year stints. Trinity also manned a lighthouse in the Falkland Islands (possibly Cape Pembroke?)

John T.
Just looked it up John. Google Europa Point & look at the Wikipedia site. (Thumb)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
benjidog said:
Hi Tanker,

If I read your profile right you live in Milano. Therefore the nearest coastline to you would be the area around Genova.

However I checked out all the lighthouses around the entire coast of Italy, Sardinia and Sicily on http://www.cyberlights.com/ and could not identify one with a matching shape and the red stripe half way down.

Is it a bit further away or don't they have all the Italian lighthouses on that website?

I have to say that it was worth making the search - I am very impressed with the range of designs of lighthouses you have - most of the ones in the Uk are more or less the same shape.

Brian
Yea they all got lights on em man (Hippy)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts