Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
I think she's the 'Grit' of 1958, a tanker of 2,739GT, 310' x 45', diesel, single screw, 10 1/2 knots.
She may have been built by the Goole Shipbuilding & Reparing Co., but I'm not certain.

"Grit" is a traditional Everard name and there have probably been half a dozen in their fleet.

Bruce C.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Billmaca
Looks very much like the AQUEITY in her early days with the Co. Later the Jolly Boat stowed amidships in the photo was carried on the foredeck.
Regards Lamptrimmer

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this photo was taken from the Esso Lambeth "Fawly to Tilbury" but there was a custums launch following us up river as he had hailed us downriver as to where we had come from, he made the mistake of taking the answer from aft . and some nut shouted Dunkirk, he was not very happy when the bridge gave him the truth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or the "Integrity" ? I.m new at this and grabbin' straws ! But I started out back in 1944 on the "Annuity" Not having any sea exp. caused me great discomfort and much hilarity for those sailing on that little thing ! No ! washing ones testicles and private parts with Lifebuoy soap in a bucket of sea water, on deck, did not alleviate the suffering. I also sailed on the "Aqueity" ( A Chant),( Mined,sank off the Scheldt ) the "Superiority" the "Aridity " The "Frank.M." and a couple of other coasters before I discovered the tropics and realised that the north sea was really for the birds. As you all know there's nothing nicer than sailing on the Indian Ocean coasts of the middle east in January, Oops this was to be a kwik reply ! Sorry guys.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Which everar. Billmaca

Billmaca. Found this pic, it is the one you want. I am still trying to find name. It might help you.
Barney,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
marcnoonan said:
Hi Ron,

My Grandad Frank Cook served on the Superiority, do you have any further photos.

Cheers

Marc
Marc, which Superiority do you want 1947, or the later one. Send me you e/mail address, and i will send you some pics.
Barney. (Thumb)

·
Banned
5,898 Posts
danube4 said:
Marc, which Superiority do you want 1947, or the later one. Send me you e/mail address, and i will send you some pics.
Barney. (Thumb)
Ahoy Barney,
Which one you thought his "Grandad" was on? The 1991 or 1972? He[Grandad] must be over a 100 years (*)) I'll go for the 1947, so here her piccie © C.Hill
from the Everard of Greenhythe by K.S.Garrett ISBN: 0 905617 58 4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Hi ruud, Slipped up there did'nt I. I have the 47 one, and the one that was once the Lobo. I never gave the date of the other a thought. Good job your there to keep an eye on me, Ruud. Thanks.
All the best .
Barney.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Which Everard.

Hi, I have a photos of the Acuity (ex Empire Tedship 1946), Amity (ex Empire Tendassa 1945) Antonality, Austility, Arduity, Atonality, all black overside, The photo I have of the Alignity has grey overside seems identical build to the one in your photo. But of course there could have been others. Ken.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That looks very like the ship in the photo Ok, not sure where I got the idea that she was called the 'Crit' I can blame it on age now ( senior moments) thanks for the info

Slainte Billy

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats definitely not the same craft ,she seems a bit modern for the time of the one on the photo , 1960/61 I've been told by some of the ex coast lads that there were a few ships named "Crit" in the Everard fleet,

Slainte Billy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts