Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which famous liner used to anchor in Colwyn Bay / Llandudno bay each year in the 70's...?....and no...I'm not joking...!!!

She was big, white and beautiful and called every year (for a number of them)...nothing has done the same since, but I know of a story about one particular year..!

Rushie

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
What about Kungsholm?. I seem to remember her anchored off Cowes once, not going into Southampton but landing passengers at Cowes by launch. Not sure when because I was away until 1975, but certainly before she was sold to P&O. I also seem to remember something wrong one year, but could be miles out?!. David

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bravo..!

Nice one David,

It was the Kungsholm.

Our school used to provide a troop of clog dancers for the evening's entertainment. One year it went a bit wrong, and due to weather conditions they had to stay on board and were deposited in the Isle of Man the following morning.!! I just wish now that I'd taken up Welsh clog-dancing.!!

All the best.

Rushie

·
Super Moderator
26,578 Posts
That was quite a shot in the dark Rushie?!. I remember her anchored off Cowes which was very unusual because ships usually go into Southampton. So I guess she must have visited smaller places around the UK coast each year not usually visted by cruise ships?. She looked much better as Kungsholm with the second funnel. Could never get used to her when P&O bought her and removed it. David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts