Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hamilton Shipping co ltd, Evan Thomas Radcliffe & co ?
Tanker Hamilton built 1960, sold and renamed Feoso Sun (?) exploded and sunk Manila Bay nov 1978

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not Trinda Anderson Calvin. Our NZ members may have an idea, if not I will give a few clues. David.

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was answering Calvin when Santos and David posted. You are close David in so much that the name is connected with New Zealand such as Hamilton, but the name I am looking for is not a place name. David

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shipping family is European, but the name is associated with something unique to New Zealand. As soon as I saw the name I instantly thought of New Zealand, but I do have an advantage of living there once. David

·
Premium Member
12,975 Posts
Holm or Richardson Families but your question says can be found in New Zealand so is it certain letters from the countries name David?

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silver fern is a great answer Daveyjones, but not that one. You are on the right track with sheep David, but look up a bit, and listen?!!. David

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We know who were are Rushie?!. And our Kiwi members in particular should know the name I am looking for. After all, I only lived there for three years, but when I saw the name of this shipping family, I thought of this NZ ? at once. You will often see these perched on NZ Tea Towels etc?!. David

·
Super Moderator
26,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good try Jeff, Land of the Long White Cloud. Not correct, but these are up there too, although perhaps not quite so high?!. David

1 - 20 of 25 Posts