Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windows 10 has a built in system--Window Defender--this has been working on my laptop ever since I bought it 2 years ago now suddenly I get a message telling me that an error has occurred and giving me an error code: 0x80060100, anyone know how I get WD back and working? Seems as if all my computer troubles are all coming at once !!!!!

Now I`m getting the error message for my Trouble shooter, this has ceased to work as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Windows 10 has a built in system--Window Defender--this has been working on my laptop ever since I bought it 2 years ago now suddenly I get a message telling me that an error has occurred and giving me an error code: 0x80060100, anyone know how I get WD back and working? Seems as if all my computer troubles are all coming at once !!!!!

Now I`m getting the error message for my Trouble shooter, this has ceased to work as well.
On the bottom of your screen (right hand side ) there should be some small boxes. Click on the little arrow to see if your W/D icon is still there. If it is click on it to see if it is still working.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is what the Microsoft Community say about this error

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

If you receive Windows Update error 0x800b0100 or 800b0100, it means that a file needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. Try one of these methods to resolve the problem.

Method 1: Use the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

Try using the Windows Update Troubleshooter, then open Windows Update and try to install the update again.

Method 2: Run the DISM tool and check if the issue persists.

Press Windows + X keys and select Command prompt (Admin).

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands.

Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type exit, and then press Enter.

Run Windows Update again.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Run Malwarebytes,

Malwarebytes free downloads

Run Windows defender pre boot up.

Click on Settings, update & Security, open windows defender security center, Virus & threat protection, run a new advanced scan, Windows Defender Offline Scan, scan now, scan, yes, let the computer shut down and restart, it will scan for any virus and remove them then restart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to reinstall Window Defender on Windows 10 the message comes up that this is already built in to my computer yet I still get an error code warning that this is not working--this is the same for my trouble shooter---I have Malwarebytes installed but this has not issued any error codes yet it works for everything else ---tried System Restore but this is where my first problem comes in--Russian gobbled **** appears-- cannot win !!!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Trying to reinstall Window Defender on Windows 10 the message comes up that this is already built in to my computer yet I still get an error code warning that this is not working--this is the same for my trouble shooter---I have Malwarebytes installed but this has not issued any error codes yet it works for everything else ---tried System Restore but this is where my first problem comes in--Russian gobbled **** appears-- cannot win !!!!!!
Did you try #3 that shows where the W/D Icon is ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The icon appears but also does the error codes for both.
If you installed Malwarebytes I suggest you remove it or disable it until you check again. It could be blocking W/D. I do not have anything other than W/D on my computer and have no problems.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There you go >
Thanks Justwin but I had this problem before loading Malwarebytes,
problem came on screen after PC World played about with it ,taking it back they charge £45 or more even before they open it up---I think I will preserver without it for the time being ---one thing about this site everyone tries to help and I`m grateful for that--thanks Shipmates(Applause)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts