Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a new (2nd hand) computer with Windows 10 in it, in preparation for the demise of Windows 7.**** Can't say that I am very impressed with it, although I may get used to it eventually.** I managed to get Apache Open Office and even Word 2000 into it OK.** But when it came to Adobe Photoshop, it got so far and said "Uninstall Shield is preventing installation, turn it off and try again!"**** So - what on earth is the "Uninstall shield!" what is it for, and how can I turn it off?** I have searched all over Google, and found plenty of similar complaints, but no solutions!*** Has anyone here got any idea?

Bob

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have just got a new (2nd hand) computer with Windows 10 in it, in preparation for the demise of Windows 7.**** Can't say that I am very impressed with it, although I may get used to it eventually.** I managed to get Apache Open Office and even Word 2000 into it OK.** But when it came to Adobe Photoshop, it got so far and said "Uninstall Shield is preventing installation, turn it off and try again!"**** So - what on earth is the "Uninstall shield!" what is it for, and how can I turn it off?** I have searched all over Google, and found plenty of similar complaints, but no solutions!*** Has anyone here got any idea?

Bob
I Googled UNINSTALL SHIELD and found this >

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is one of the first things I found on Google. All perfectly clear, of course. I opened the Task Manager, and looked through the Processes, and no sign of IsUninst.exe. Found a number of other solutions on Google, also very clear, and all bringing no results -:(
Bob

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is one of the first things I found on Google. All perfectly clear, of course. I opened the Task Manager, and looked through the Processes, and no sign of IsUninst.exe. Found a number of other solutions on Google, also very clear, and all bringing no results -:(
Bob
Did you come across this one >

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Bobclay might be able to help you. Don't know if he is still on here. He is on the other site S/H. He knows plenty about computers.

·
Registered
779 Posts
When I first saw your post, Bob, I thought your version was not compatible to W10. I dug out my old photoshop v6 disc, which app, I have not used in years. I fired it into my W10 laptop, not expecting it to install, but it installed no bother. So I presume some glitch is stopping yours from installing. I hope someone can come up with an answer. Best of luck.

Rgds D

P.S. Have you tried installing from windows explorer using setup.exe?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is this any help?

"If you no longer use InstallShield® unInstaller, you can permanently remove this software and thus isuninst.exe from your PC. To do this, press the Windows key + R at the same time and then type 'appwiz.cpl'. Then find InstallShield® unInstaller in the list of installed programs and uninstall this application."
No guarantees mind

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It probably is best to uninstall it by "brute force," but I haven't a clue how to do that either!:sweat:
Not that it matters any more, as I have given up on it, and put the old Windows 7 PC back in service.
The new (2nd hand) Windows 10 PC is now banished to another room, and is just being used as a storage hulk for all my old files from USB sticks or CD disks. I have fed over 200gb into it so far. I have no problem with Windows 10 when used like this, just found it not very good online, and with old programmes. I will shortly be getting a cheap 2nd hand laptop with Windows 10 in it when support for Windows 7 stops, and that will just be used for online banking or purchases. They are cheap enough - about £100 -
Bob

·
Registered
779 Posts
I must confess, I didn't count the E,s. With my bum to the wind(no inside toilet), I didn't really care, as long as I didn't p1ss into it.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Good Lord, I never realised that the EEC had made a directive about how not to p1ss into the wind.
They think everything don't they. I expect the French just carry on as they were.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts