Ships Nostalgia banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spongebob
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some years now I have been using my iPad for surfing the net and SN but my earlier activities are on file on my seldom used laptop which was replaced a few years back which saw a change from familiar windows 7 to windows 10.
I now want to post an old file on SN and this means using the laptop to log on to SN then open up the file and copy or paste it in the SN 'new post' box.
Try as I may I cannot make it work . Those locked down around me are as clueless as me so I am asking some kind soul to give me step by step child like instructions to do the task .
Waiting with baited breath

Regards Bob

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Which part is 'not working'? Does the laptop boot up and run properly? If it does, at what stage does it not do what you want?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
For some years now I have been using my iPad for surfing the net and SN but my earlier activities are on file on my seldom used laptop which was replaced a few years back which saw a change from familiar windows 7 to windows 10.
I now want to post an old file on SN and this means using the laptop to log on to SN then open up the file and copy or paste it in the SN 'new post' box.
Try as I may I cannot make it work . Those locked down around me are as clueless as me so I am asking some kind soul to give me step by step child like instructions to do the task .
Waiting with baited breath

Regards Bob
Bob,

Sorry if I have missed the point or misunderstood your problem but 'here goes anyway' with my two Bob's worth. Always be aware that hot oil and steam are more my vintage, however!

Is the old file that you wish to (re)post on SN or your laptop hard drive or actually on SN?

Either way, you should be able to highlight the desired file contents - (left mouse click and drag) then Control C (copy).

Go to SN new forum and Control V (paste).

I don't think that the version of Windows should make any difference.

As an alternative, copy the original post to a USB (or whatever), insert the USB into your iPad and then paste as above.

Provided that you are correctly logged in to SN it should not matter what device you are using ????????

By now you will be saying 'stupid git' but it may help until someone who knows what they are talking about comes along. (Jester)

Geoff (YM)

PS: Can you tell your bloody Prime Minister that she is NOT ruling us here in the West Island (yet).(Jester)(Jester)

·
Spongebob
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Geoff, you leave me red faced but fully sated.
thank you very much

Bob

Re ourJacinda, leave the girl alone ,she is learning as she goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts