Ships Nostalgia banner
Friston

Friston

The Stephenson Clarke tanker Friston and its consorts were familiar sights in UK ports. Seen inward bound in 1970 off Gravesend she was built by Henry Scarr at Hessle in 1959 and was 948 gr tons.

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,857 Posts
FRISTON (1959 - 1975) Tanker
O.N. 300859. 948g. 431n. 1,000d. 211’ 2” x 35’ 1” x 12’ 11½”
4-cyl. 2 S.C.S.A. (340 x 570mm) MN14 type by British Polar Engines Ltd., Glasgow, geared to a controllable pitch propeller. 750 BHP. 9 knots.
3.9.1957: Keel laid by Henry Scarr Ltd., Hessle (Yard No.758).
25.9.1958: Launched.
27.4.1959: Completed for Stephenson Clarke Ltd.
1.4.1968: Owners renamed Stephenson Clarke Shipping Ltd.
1975: Sold to Maldives Shipping Ltd., Maldive Islands and renamed MALDIVE ADVENTURE.
1977: Sold to Oriental Commercial Establishment, Saudi Arabia and renamed ENAYATALLAH.
1988: Sold to Oriental Shipping and Commercial Co. Ltd, Greece and renamed FIFI.
1989: Sold to Cosmos Shipping Co. SA, Greece and renamed ARGO.
23.7.1989: Whilst on a voyage from Larnaca to Jounieh with petrol was struck by projectile off Jounieh.
26.7.1989: Arrived at Lattakia and seized by Syrian authorities.
9.8.1997: Demolition commenced at Lattakia, Syria.
 

Media information

Category
Coasters
Added by
TommyRob
Date added
View count
277
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Top