The Short S.8/8 Rangoon was a 1930s British three-engined biplane flying-boat built by Short Brothers and (under licence) by Breguet in France between 1933 and 1937. It was a military version of the Short S.8 Calcutta, and was ordered as a replacement for the Southampton IIs operated by No. 203 Squadron RAF from Basra, Iraq. Rangoons provided useful service to the Royal Air Force, the French Navy and, (converted for civilian use), Imperial Airways. The last British Rangoon was taken out of service in 1938.
Scratch-built 1:48 scale.